- 1kg pork mince
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ bunch continental parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 litre tomato Passata (pasta sauce)
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g tomato paste
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine the pork mince, bread crumbs, Italian herb seasoning, salt & freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 12 equal sized meatballs, place meatball on a tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat and carefully brown the meatballs on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, combine the tomato passata sauce, chilli flakes, chicken stock and tomato paste.
- Heat the tomato sauce mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until the liquid boils. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Carefully place the meatballs into the simmering sauce, cover and simmer over low heat for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve 3 meatballs with sauce in each serving bowl. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve hot with fresh crusty bread.